2013 saw some amazingly new and fresh recipes which were not only delightful to the palate but also to the eye. 2014 is already off to a strong start with even more creative ingredients and recipes. Below are the top 13 recipes of 2014 to keep an out of for.
TOP 13 RECIPES OF 2014
1. Taco Wontons: Everyone loves tacos and this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleasure. With a large twist on a traditional classic, these taco wontons put a spin on well known flavors. Combining ground beef, taco seasoning and fresh veggies into a wonton wrapper and then deep fried, these bite sized treats are packed with flavor. These can be served with salsa or topped with sour cream and guacamole for additional flavor.
2. Buffalo Chicken Sushi: Sushi is one of those meals which people either love or hate. However, everyone is sure to swoon over this playful twist on classic sushi. Combining buffalo chicken, freshly sliced cheese, tortilla strips and rice, these chicken flavored sushi rolls are perfect for any meal or party.
3. Cheesecake Popsicles: It is extremely hard to beat the silky smooth perfection cheesecake has to offer – that is until now! These cheesecake popsicles are delicious any time and extremely refreshing on a hot summer day. Made with cheesecake flavored pudding and crushed graham crackers layered in a 6 ounce plastic cup with assorted fruits, these charming snacks will be loved by children and adults alike.
4. Peanut Butter Glazed Popcorn: this recipe combines crunchy peanut butter with corn syrup, popcorn and vanilla extra to create an unforgettable new movie time snack. The combination of sweet and salty is sure to leave everyone coming back for more.
5. Meatloaf Stuffing: This is the perfect way to use holiday leftovers to create an all new meal. By chopping up leftover turkey and combining it with cranberry sauce, walnuts, garlic thyme, and breadcrumbs and stuffing in into a meatloaf pan, one can create the most unique and flavorful “meatloaf stuffing.”
6. Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Throughout the years there have been various takes on the breakfast classic pancakes, but none are more unique than mint chocolate chip pancakes. By combining flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, mint extra, and semi sweet chocolate chips, these pancakes are reminiscent of peppermint patties and sure to please adults and children.
7. Banh Mi Hot Dog – Hot dogs are served daily around the world with various toppings. However, this Banh Mi dog adds new Viet names twist with its spicy mango salsa, fresh mint leaves and shredded carrot and cucumbers. This hot dog brings an old American classic to all new heights of creativity.
8. Layered Reuben Sandwich Style Dip: A new take on the standard seven layer dip, this Reuben sandwich dip combines all the flavor profiles of a classic Reuben into a delightful dip. With layers of shredded pastrami, Swiss cheese, tomato, sauerkraut, green onions and Thousand Island dressing, and topped with cubed rye bread, this dip has it all.
9. Beer and Pretzel Carmel’s: These tasty bites are sure to be a hit among the adult crowed. Combining pretzels, heavy whipping cream and your favorite lager, this bite sized snacks are perfect for any tailgating party or to snack on by the bowl full at any get together.
10. Chocolate Guinness Cake: This cake is sure to please every beer and chocolate fan alike. This extremely moist and flavorful cake is topped with a sweetened sour cream sauce which resembles the foam on rich Guinness.
11. Tex Mex Popcorn – This spicy flavored popcorn is not for the faint of heart at is combines paprika and cumin and is often by fresh cilantro. This snack is the ideal companion to any movie, party or get together.
12. Slow Cooker Spicy Turkey Lasagna – It is hard to top the aroma that hits you when you walk into your front door after a long day or work and smell what has been slowly cooking in your crock pot. This recipe is sure to bring families together around the dinner table and is a fantastic twist on traditional lasagna. Not only is this easy to make and to clean up, but the flavors will have even your children coming back for seconds.check more information at http://www.foodiemisadventures.com/2014/01/top-13-recipes-of-2013.html.
13. Grilled Cheese with Spinach, Avocado and Gouda – Everyone loves a traditional grilled cheese sandwich and this flavorful newly inspired grilled cheese will prove to be no different. Combing fresh spinach and avocado with tangy gouda will please every palate and make adults feel like a child again.