Many restaurant owners have family, such as a wife and children, to worry about after they are gone. Running a restaurant can be very stressful on your body and your heart. Stress is one of the main factors in heart disease besides weight. So where would your family go if something were to happen to you? Would the restaurant stay open? Would they be able to supplement the income you generated without you here? These are questions we must ask ourselves. Answering these questions can be very simple. By purchasing a Family Income Benefits Insurance policy you can guarantee that they will be able to survive for a while till they get back on their feet. You can enquire here to find out more about this policy and its features.
Many families in the restaurant business are scraping by from day to day or week to week. It’s very hard to know that without you your family could lose everything you worked so hard for. Restaurant owners measure the profitability of their business by how much traffic they bring in every day. This determines who gets paid and when they get paid. Employees are paid weekly, food distributors are paid weekly, but sometimes you have monthly bills that get passed by till you can pay them. This is not a proper strategy for handling bills but sometimes it’s the only way. With the restaurant business there is a lot of overhead and if you were to pass on would your wife, or grown children be able to handle the finances or continue to build the restaurant? Would they even want too? Some kids hate the restaurant business when they grow up in it, and some wife’s find it daunting to continue without you. So making sure they have money to survive on until they decide what to do is important online task management.
When it comes to making the right decisions about insurance and your business after your gone its best to get assistance for advice. There are brokers that can help you with determining the best possible outcome and making it affordable for you and your family. You can discuss with your children and wife if they would like to keep the business after you’re gone or would they like to liquidate it? This is a decision you should decide on while you’re still here that way everyone is on the same page. Once the main bread winner has passed on many times the family begins to argue over who does what and so it’s best to decide these terms early on while still here and set a will to designate who gets what and who is allowed to do what with the insurance and the restaurant. If your children are too young to help sometimes it’s best to appoint someone that is trusted to help your wife with the daily running of the business, but never leave finances solely in the hands of someone outside the family that could take their money and run. It has happened many times and is very hard to bounce back from.
Share and Enjoy
Working in a restaurant can be a full-time career or a stepping stone to the career of your dreams. Over 80% of restaurant workers are enrolled in higher education with plans of pursuing a different career in the future. The flexibility of working in a restaurant allows students the ability to work full time and go to school full or part time. There are many careers to choose from but some of the most rewarding, competitive and high-paying jobs are in the medical field.
1. Nursing – As a nurse you will work along side physicians to monitor and administer quality patient care. Some parts of the world are in dire need of nursing staff. Nursing school is highly competitive but the reward can be a steady, great paying job that allows you to help people. Many students start out with Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) courses and work part time on top of their restaurant job while in school. There are hospitals that will pay for further education if you show promise as an employee. Next you will want to get your Associates Degree in Nursing. Most nurses also continue on to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing as well. Once you have gained experience, you will be able to choose to work in any department within a hospital. Popular choices include the emergency room, pediatric ward and surgery.
2. Dental Hygiene – One of the most competitive programs in colleges is Dental Hygiene. For every 20 applicants only 3 people are accepted into the program and only one of those people will find hygiene job openings in their area. Of course, there are other professions in the dental field which require less school or are hands-on training. For example, dental technicians are tasked with turning molds from teeth into partial and whole dentures. There are also various support staff positions where you work with the patient and alongside the dentist and dental hygienist. The real money, however, is with being a certified hygienist. You can learn more about this profession at http://mydentalhygienistschools.com.
3. Medical Transcription – As the medical world goes digital, there is a growing need for medical transcriptionists. With this job you are tasked with converting paper records into digital ones. You are also responsible for deciphering doctors notes and making sure the patient has the right follow-up care. Medical transcription is a certificate degree and can be completed part time in under two years. Many trade colleges focus on this type of program.
4. Paramedic – Emergency responders are needed everywhere. There will always be accidents that require on-scene assistance from a medical professional. Many paramedics start out as an emergency medical technician. EMT training can be completed in less than one year, depending on your state. It’s important to remember that every state has different licensing requirements for this position. Once you have gained experience as an EMT you can choose to further your education and become a certified paramedic. From there, you can move up within the company that you work for or move to bigger cities where you are able to get a higher paying position on a rescue squad.
5. Physicians Assistant – If you want to be active in the medical world but are not interested in jumping through hoops to become a doctor then being a physicians assistant is for you. To become a PA you will need to complete a masters degree. Again, this is a profession that is easy to purse when you have flexible hours while working in a restaurant. You will fall above nurses on the payscale and below doctors but have similar duties and privileges as both. There are plenty of PA job openings around the world simply because many people choose not to pursue the additional education. The most common path is to move from your nursing education to becoming a PA.
Share and Enjoy